Reheating Boston Butt is an easy and simple way of enjoying this cut of pork again and making it taste like freshly cooked.
However, to enjoy the same juiciness of pork after reheating it, you should know about the best methods to reheat it, and that’s why I am back again to teach you how to reheat Boston butt or pulled pork or pork’s shoulder or whatever you wanna call it.
The method I mostly use to reheat Boston Butt is by using Oven. There are other methods available as well such as using microwaves, stoves, grills, etc. All these methods are the best ways to reheat Boston Butt and enjoy your reheated pork like never before.
However, just knowing the method’s name doesn’t seems perfect, right? well, let’s now jump to the exact steps that are involved in all these methods to reheat a Boston Butt.
What’s the best way to reheat Boston Butt?
So, there are several ways of reheating Boston butt, I have tried lots of reheating methods, and out of all of them there are a few methods that I consider are the best ones. In my opinion, the best methods are ones that keep the pork as juicy and delicious as it was before.
Below I am going to share all those methods and I highly recommend you to try these reheating methods, I’m sure you won’t regret it at all.
Also Read: How to Reheat A Subway Sandwich
How to Reheat Boston Butt Using Oven?
Using an oven to reheat Boston butt is very easy and simple. Below are the steps that are required to properly reheat, and make sure to read them carefully otherwise you will end up drying out the pork and it won’t be good, right? well, now let’s see the steps below.
- First thing first, reheat your oven to 250°F (120°C).
- I am assuming that you are not using frozen Boston butt, if you are, then thaw it overnight before reheating.
- Now take the oven-safe dish or baking pan and place your pork in it.
- The next step is to add moisture, to do that you can either use bbq sauce or anything else and add it to the Boston butt.
- Now this is the important step, to prevent the pork from drying out, cover the dish with aluminum foil as it will keep the moisture trapped.
- After covering the dish, reheat it for around 30 to 45 minutes.
- I suggest you keep checking to avoid overheating. However, 30 to 45 minutes are enough, but still, it’s better to check.
- Once the meat is done reheating, simply remove the foil. Now you are ready to enjoy your juicy and delicious reheated Boston butt.
How to Reheat Boston Butt Using Microwave
Many people have doubts about whether to use a microwave to reheat Boston butt, well, it is possible to reheat it using a microwave, I will tell you how to do it without drying out.
- Take Boston butt and defrost it if it is frozen.
- After that take the microwave-safe dish and place your Boston butt there, you can add it at once or either slice it, depending upon the size of the microwave-safe dish.
- To prevent the pork from drying out, we need to add moisture, we can either use BBQ sauce for that or even a few water drops would work.
- If you are microwave has a reheating function then that’s great simply use that option to reheat it. Otherwise, set your microwave to a high setting and let it microwave for a short interval of time (1 or 2 minutes).
- After 1 or 2 minutes check the condition of the meat and then again microwave it for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- After a few intervals, you will get the proper reheated Boston button.
- Turn off your microwave and take the pork out of it.
Reheat using Grill
This is also one of my favorite methods to reheat pork since it gives the pork a smoky flavor that I like a lot.
- Firstly, you need to preheat the grill to 300 or 350°F.
- Take your Boston button and make sure that it is thawed already.
- Now take a foil and wrap it around the Boston butt, but hey wait, let’s first add some moisture to it so that we can avoid drying out the meat. So, you can either use a BBQ sauce which will give it additional flavor, or you can simply add a few water drops before wrapping the meat with aluminum foil.
- If you have 2 zone grill, then place the wrapped meat on the cooler side and prevent giving it direct flames.
- Now reheat it depending upon the amount of meat you wish to reheat, usually, it takes somewhere around 20-30 minutes to reheat it properly.
- If you are not sure for how long should you reheat then simply use a meat thermometer and stop reheating if the temperature exceeds 165°F (74°C).
- Once the Boston butt is reheated properly, you can remove it from the grill.
Reheat using Stove
The stove is another option to reheat Boston butt and it works like a charm but here’s the catch, I never use the stove to reheat a bigger portion of Boston butt on the stove, instead I use a smaller portion and I recommend the same way to you as well.
So, how to do it actually? well, let’s check it out.
- Firstly, make sure that you are using thawed meat instead of frozen. If it is frozen, then let it thaw in the refrigerator for a night.
- Now if you have a bigger portion of Boston butt then firstly I suggest you cut it to a smaller portion.
- Now take a non-stick pan (sprinkle little oil to the pan) and add the meat to it, and to avoid it drying out, add moisture to it. Use a BBQ sauce or water for that purpose.
- Now start reheating the meat on medium heat only. Don’t use high heat otherwise the meat will get dried out.
- Stir the meat to reheat all the sides properly.
- Usually, it takes around 10-15 minutes if you are using a smaller portion of Boston butt.
- Again to check properly whether the pork is reheated properly or not you can use a meat thermometer.
- Take out the pan when the Boston butt is fully reheated.
See? how easy it was to reheat Boston butt. Make sure that you are following all the steps carefully. And while reheating make sure to always add some moisture, be it water or BBQ sauce, it will not only add the additional feature but also prevent the Boston Butt from drying out.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I Reheat Boston Butt?
Surely you can. This article was all about it. If you have leftover Boston butt then instead of wasting it, you can reheat it and enjoy the same flavor and juiciness as before.
Just you need to follow this guide and you will never end up wasting your leftover Boston butt again. All the above shared methods are what I personally use to reheat Boston butt and I can assure you these methods always work like a charm.
Is Boston Butt and Pulled Pork the same?
Well, they are not really the same, I will tell you why. Boston butt is the cut made on the shoulder part of pork. People often get confused thinking that Boston Butt is the butt part of pork which is really not the case.
Now the dish that is made from Boston Butt by cooking and shredding it is known as pulled pork. Pulled pork is nothing but a dish made from the cut made on the shoulder part of pork. Pulled pork is really a delicious dish made from the whole pork shoulder.
Also Read: How To Reheat Domino’s Pizza
This was the article about reheating Boston Butt, I hope I made it clear to y’all. Now you are all set to reheat Boston butt using the above-shared methods. Always make sure that you are not overheating it too much otherwise you will get that burnt taste which is not really very pleasant.
Now go and enjoy your leftover Boston butt and do let me know how it went, I really love to hear all your feedback and it really motivates me to push more such food-related articles. I will catch you later.